Thursday 22 August 2013

Edinburgh Fringe #1 - The Mechanisms

The Mechanisms - Ulysses Dies at Dawn
Monday 19th August - Free
Fringe Show Details can be found here

I had heard tales of the Mechanisms as they had sprung from the sister group (OULES - Oxford University Light Entertainers Society) to one of the societies I am in (USLES). I have been to parties where their Albums had been playing/in the background but I still went in pretty much blind as to what they are like.

The Mechanisms are a band of space pirates who tell/sing epic ballads. The show that I saw was their Ulysses Dies at Dawn album. It was an epic show, with amazing music, vocals, costumes & characterisation.

I strongly recommend checking out their stuff on their website where you can listen to their music for free or purchase digital downloads or CD's. The tracks are individually awesome & when played in order create epic tales which are mindblowing in their details and the imagery which they conjure in your mind.

It was a free show but they had their albums available for sale upon exit. The show was so good I ended up buying both their albums for £8! I very much looking forward to having time to sit back and listen to them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment